April 6, 2009

Creative Chad

Chad has been busy the last couple months woodworking! He has built decorative shelves for me, shoe racks for me and Sarah, and these cute little decorative things that Jennifer and I use. Jennifer bought me this little set of wooden letters at Christmas that spell HOME but you change the O out at different seasons, with it she bought me the wrapped gift for Christmas season, the acorn for fall, the witches hat for Halloween, the turkey for Thanksgiving. So we enlisted Chad to make us the rest of the wooden pieces for the other holidays and seasons. Jennifer actually cut us both out a heart and painted them for Valentines. Chad cut us out shamrocks for St. Pattys day, an egg (which we each painted with our own ideas)for Easter, a lady bug (Chads idea) for Spring, a sunflower for August, and a star painted red, white and blue for the 4th of July as well as a snowman I need to decorate for January. It has been really fun watching him work on these little things for us. He made both Jennifer and me a set of the little HOME things. We are trying to talk him into cutting out more things for us, and we are thinking we could sell them at fairs or something! I'll post some pics of our decor! I love decorating the house for holidays and seasons! So much fun! Chad is really creative, he remodeled our house and added a lot of nice features including an entryway we didn't have before and my mother-in-law Beulah bought us some beautiful decor to decorate it! I love changing little things in the entryway for the different holidays/seasons! I will post the pics later today!

No comments: