November 14, 2008

Giving thanks!

My daughter shared a story with me about my granddaughter Jada and I have just had it running around in my mind and causing me a lot of pride in this little 7 year old girl! I guess she was at the store with her mom the other evening and she was being really good, walking right along with her mommy and all of a sudden my daughter realizes she isn't next to her, she turns and Jada is running to catch up and she starts telling her mommy "sorry mommy I had to help that lady she dropped her milk so I needed to help her and I picked it up for her" My daughter said Jada was just beaming the whole rest of the shopping. Jada asked her mommy in the car "mommy was I good in the store?" My daughter said "yes you were and I'm so proud of you!" Jada then tells her, and this is what makes me just overwhelmed in my heart with all kinds of warm fuzzies, Jada said "I don't know it just made me feel so good inside mommy to help that lady, I just feel so happy" I love that a seven year old can recognize what a lot of times as grown ups we don't even notice! She was a good girl and helped someone and in turn it helped her too, she was happy the rest of the evening and just couldn't stop saying how good she felt! I just love that little girl! I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to be a grandmother (nana as I prefer it) it is just great to witness our children being parents but it is most wonderful to witness our grandchildren growing and learning!


Sweet little girl!

Helping out with baby brother!

No comments: