January 20, 2010

Dessert Buffet!

I've read a lot about dessert buffet's for weddings. I however am torn about whether it is correct as far as etiquette is concerned, to only serve a dessert buffet instead of other foods or together with other foods? My plan is to serve the following:

Fruit tarts
chocolate covered strawberries
parfaits (chocolate mousse and banana pudding (southern style)
brownie bites
creme puffs

cookie platter (variety as well)
I also have two really cool jars I'm going to fill with candies in her wedding colors?

Now is this ok or what? Do I need to serve other substantial foods, or since they are having this at 7-9pm will this be ok?

1 comment:

Thibault's said...

I think it is fine to just serve desserts. The reception is late enough that most people will have already ate dinner..I think. I have gone to a wedding where they just had a chocolate fountain with fruit, pretzels, things to dip in the chocolate and served punched with it