May 10, 2009

Mothers Day!


Mothers Day was great! Our daughter Jennifer came up from Spanish Fork with her 4 kids on Saturday and we did the shopping thing, with Sarah and Keleigh, it was fun! Then Sunday Chad treated us to dinner at Texas Roadhouse since we are all three moms! I heard from our two sons in Texas and that was really nice. Also received texts from Jennie and Dar. It was a good year for mom's around here :)

I called my mom and we had a short conversation until Monday when we continued it, she had troubling news to tell me, as has happened a lot in the past year when I talk to her. I had two uncles (her brothers) pass away within a couple months of each other early last fall and now my aunt has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, there isn't anything they can do for her. She wasn't even sick or didn't notice it if she was because of caring for my uncle during the stressful time of his illness. It makes me sad, and makes me worry about my own mom a lot! I'd like to live nearer to her for a few years but I don't know if that will be possible so I visit as often as possible. I actually have been trying to go see her every 3 or 4 months but I haven't seen her since January! My family is having a couple family reunions though in July so I may have to wait until then to see her.?

No comments: