June 11, 2009

The Grand Canyon!

Chad and I took a motorcycle ride to the Grand Canyon last Wednesday! It was great, we started off with going the "secret way" (Chad calls the long way around this), anyway we went the long way to Spanish Fork and spent the night with Jennifer's family and enjoyed some time with grandkids! Then we headed out on Thursday morning for the Grand Canyon! We went to the North Rim, and I have to tell you it was beautiful! It wasn't as 'breathtaking' as Mount Rushmore but it got close! We had a great afternoon and evening there and had the cutest little cabin (picture below), it had no television or phones so we got to enjoy total alone time, so nice! We had dinner at the lodge and I have to say I had a Frontiersman Salmon sandwich with roasted tomatoes and some garlic and it was the best sandwich I've ever eaten! Chad had prime rib and said it was delicious! We headed out the next morning to Bryce Canyon, we spent two days there because the weather was not cooperating. We had the cutest little log cabin there too! We had a great time and a great ride! We took over 400 pictures of canyons and hoo doos! We love hoo doos, Chad took me to Bryce Canyon when we had been dating about 3 weeks and we both loved the hoo doos,but didn't have a lot of time to see them it was just a quick ride there and back it was the first time he told me he loved me, so I don't know if that has anything to do with how much I am in to the hoo doo thing, but they are just amazing works of nature! Loved it!










No comments: