July 10, 2009

Letting go...

I was just thinking how hard it is not to have all of our family with us, sometimes I think that idea of the Ewings (you know, remember Dallas, the series wayyyy back) anyway they got to be around each other all the time, and when they fought, they either had to get over it or deal with it. I think that if people deal with things out right their lives would be better, longer and happier by far. I guess I have learned with age, life is short, and you don't have time to stew in your anger, so let it go. I wish everyone was just straight up, face it and then leave it behind! Because what happens happens, I mean what's done is done, and we don't forget, well until we get Alzheimers! But forgiving and letting go is another thing. We can face the fact we ALL have faults, none of us are perfect (and if we think we are we are the least perfect), so why not let go and enjoy each others company for the time given here in this life? This is the reason I have tried really hard in the past several months to just let go of all the bad stuff, I guess the thing I have the hardest time with is the fact that others cannot or will not let go as well. Life could be so full of happiness if we all could just realize this concept. I want peace and happiness and it is hard for me to understand when others don't. Anyway just my thoughts. The following are some thoughts or quotes I read and they are so so true!

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ~Buddha

The worst-tempered people I've ever met were people who knew they were wrong. ~Wilson Mizner



To carry a grudge is like being stung to death by one bee. ~William H. Walton


Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.

No comments: